> About Us
> Community Involvement and Charitable Giving
Like Customer Service,
Community Involvement and Charitable Giving
Community Service is a Priority at Dierbergs
Our commitment to lending a helping hand reflects the Dierberg family’s long-held belief in giving back to friends and neighbors in our communities. Through contributions and partnerships, Dierbergs makes community benefit as much a priority as serving our customers.
Our Charitable Giving Priorities:
- Hunger Relief: providing food to organizations focused
on those in need
- Neighborhood organizations: offering support for community enrichment programs in the communities we serve. If your event or organization, such as a school, or a religious or neighborhood agency, serves only that store community, your written request should be directed to the Store Director at your local Dierbergs.
View area-specific guidelines and get application form >
- Multi-community social organizations: Offering support to numerous 501 (c) 3 organizations to support programs that focus on healthy living, children’s education, nutritional and disease prevention, children’s health and well- being, local disaster relief, and assistance to those less fortunate.
View multi-community guidelines and get application form >
Dierbergs is greatly involved in the community primarily through our support of major organizations such as the United Way, Salvation Army, American Red Cross, Operation Food Search, and the American Heart Association. Dierbergs assists numerous other organizations operating in the communities we serve.
Here is a brief sample of other organizations we actively support:
Arts & Education Council, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Angels Arms, Stray Rescue, COCA, Crisis Nursery, Wings of Hope, Boy Scouts of America, Girl Scouts of Eastern MO, Siteman Cancer Center, Stages, Cardinal Glennon, YMCA of Greater St. Louis
Our charities of choice typically do not include the following:
1. Non-local organization: Our charitable donations are earmarked for organizations helping those in the local communities we serve.
2. Individuals: All of our donations benefit individuals, but our donations go directly to the organizations.
3. Third-parties: We prefer to partner directly with the organizations or charities that will benefit from the contribution.
4. Scholarships: We provide scholarships to our associates through the Lindenwood Scholarship Program
5. For-profit organizations
6. Taxpayer-supported agencies: (for example-governmental agencies that are supported by city, state, or federal tax dollars)
7. Golf Tournaments
8. Conferences, Seminars, or Employee Recognition/Appreciation Events
9. Sports teams, groups, leagues or team sponsorships
10. Organizations that receive funding from the United Way